TV shows about women
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TV shows created by women/non-binary and centered around women/non-binary people.
In English[edit | edit source]
- Better Things is a USian series created by and starring Pamela Adlon, about an actress mom juggling work, single parenting, and life.
- Chewing-gum is a british comedy series created by and starring Michaela Coel, about a young woman discovering sex, love, and the world.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is a musical series created by Rachel Bloom and Aline Brosh-McKenna about a young woman deciding to move out of New-York to pursue her high-school boyfriend.
- Derry Girls is an irish series created by Lisa McGee about a group of teenage girls navigating the 1990s in Northern Ireland.
- Fleabag is a british series written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge. It follows Fleabag, a woman in her thirties, trying to navigate love and life in London after a personal tragedy.
- Good Girls is a USian series created by Jenna Bans, following three mothers who decide to become criminals to make ends meet.
- Grace and Frankie is an USian comedy series created by Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris, about two old women whose husbands leave because they're in love with each other (and not their wives). It stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.
- Killing Eve is a british-american series about a spy (played by Sandra Oh) tracking down a, assassin (played by Jodie Comer). It was created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
- I May Destroy You is a british series created by Michaela Coel, following Arabella, a young author who's been sexually assaulted.
- Insecure is a USian series created by Issa Rae, about a group of African-American women.
- New Girl is a USian sitcom about Jess, a young woman who moves in a loft with three men after a breakup. It was created by Elizabeth Meriwether and starred Zoey Deschanel as the main character.
- Russian Doll is a USian series created by Natasha Lyonne, Amy Poehler and Leslie Headland, in which Nadia (played by Natasha Lyonne) keeps reliving the same night.
- Workin' Moms is a canadian comedy series created by Catherine Reitman about four women who juggle parenthood, career and love.